Donate to the Museum
The Museum continues to consider new items for the collection. The City Museum cares for and collects items according to the criteria in our Collections Management Policy. All donations to the Museum become property of the City of Las Vegas. The Collection Committee evaluates all potential acquisitions and recommends them into the collection based on the sum of the following principles:
- The item illustrates an aspect of area history.
- Information about the item and its connection to the area is available.
- It is suitable for and could be used in an exhibit.
- The item does not duplicate items already in the collection.
- It is in good or repairable condition.
- It can be deeded to the Museum by a clear and valid title.
- It does not violate the 1970 UNESCO Convention or American Indian Religious Freedom Act, meaning it is not illegally acquired or imported.
- It is not human remains.
Contact the Museum staff about donating material to the collection.